Respecting an Individuals privacy and the law.
We are bound by the Privacy Act and any other relevant State legislation, as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting an individual’s personal information. We ensure that all Pripark Qld staff are trained to respect an individual’s privacy.
This policy tells you how we collect, use, distribute and protect your personal information. We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand our information handling practices.
Collecting personal information
If an individual is acquiring or has acquired a product or service from Pripark, we will collect and hold their personal information for the purposes of:
- providing them with the relevant product and service
- managing and administering the product and service
- ensuring their satisfaction of our product and service
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect personal information from you. This usually occurs through our service team when an individual originally enquires or shows interest in our products and services.
Generally, we collect an individual’s personal information from that individual. For example, we collect personal information when you register as a Monthly Parking customer.
There may be occasions where we need to source personal information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information from companies with whom you work, other organisations with whom you have dealings, credit reporting bodies, information service providers or from a publicly maintained records.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify users of our service, potential users and their representatives;
- to provide our services;
- to develop and implement initiatives to improve our services;
- to seek your opinions or comments about our services;
- to inform you and others about offers or other benefits (including third party benefits) that may become available;
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- to conduct consumer and market research; and
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services.
We may be required, as a result of contractual obligations, to disclose personal information we collect to the landlords of particular car parking facilities we manage and operate, and to auditors who conduct audits of our business and services.
Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose personal information unless:
- the individual concerned has consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our agent, service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and services and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us or third parties.
Those who prefer not to receive information about such products and services can contact us and ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list
QUALITY & CORRECTION
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. Alternatively, you may do this at any time by contacting our team on 1300 720 533.
Individuals using our website
We take care to ensure that the personal information submitted to us via our website is protected. For example, our website has electronic systems in place, including the use of firewall and data encryption.
Credit card information
Crucially, your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is NOT stored on our internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using a third party payment gateway service run by Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) BPoint The BPOINT facility is compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below. However, where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency, we may not be able to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us electronically is stored on secure servers. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
We may update or change this policy at any time. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy, please speak to us so that we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
View our full Complaints Policy here
DISCLOSURE TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS
We are likely to disclose limited personal information to International Service Providers, for account management and administrative purposes only.
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Last updated: 06/11/2017